Blogging is sort of ironic, isn't it? When you are busy and doing a lot, you don't really have the time to blog about it. And when you have the time to blog, you usually haven't been doing much. Anyways, here's a debrief of my weekend:
Friday, Melissa and I went to see the "old people" apartment and it was beautiful. It's right across from Pennsylvania Hospital ("the nation's first hospital), which is basically a giant fenced grassy quad and some old colonial brick buildings. The unit was clean, had a separate kitchen area, and offered access to a little patio/courtyard area in the rear. It also has free laundry in the building. Melissa and I wore business clothes, and the realtor, Betsy Green, instantly loved Melissa and the Jewishness she exudes. The entire time, Betsy made eye contact with Melissa while she talked. It was great (wahoo, model minorities!). Needless to say, we applied for the unit. We have to meet with the landlord, though, and see how anal he is about quiet. It's one thing to not have kegstands every night, but it wouldn't work out if Melissa and I had to be silent (both of us laugh loudly...).
On Friday night, my sister came up from Delaware and we played Tamagotchi Party on Nintendo Wii for three hours. Tamagotchi Party with my sister is probably my favorite Wii game (Cooking Mama with Bill coming in a close second). Both games are unabashedly Japanese in their excessive cuteness. In Tamagotchi Party, you try to win elections by playing games that win you popularity points. It's some pretty deep political commentary.
On Saturday, Melissa and I went into Philly again to look at a $900 "2-bedroom" on Jeweler's Row. It turned out that it was hardly two bedrooms, though, as the walls in the unit did not touch the ceiling. Needless to say, we did not apply there. At night, we met up with Mufal and a bunch of other high school people and ate together. It was good-I met some people that I hadn't talked to in four years, and we basically just gossiped. This summer has been very high school-y, and I like it- most people haven't started their permanent jobs yet, but don't have summer work, so we're all basically just bumming around. After dinner, we wanted to hang out more but didn't know what to do (classic suburban young people dilemma). We talked about what clubbing in South Jersey would be like, and how essentially, "club-hopping" would entail going to the Woodcrest Country Club and BJ's Wholesale Club (drink specials on 36 bottles of wine?).
I think I had some profound insight to offer earlier, but now I've forgotten.
Sunday, June 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
NICE post title.
Agreed.
Too true, friend. It is just too true.
Post a Comment